Last updated: March 25, 2020
Thank you for visiting the Euroflo website. We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information are extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us onsite, over the phone, online, via email, or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media.
Who are we?
When we say “the company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy, we are referring to Euroflo Fluid Handling Limited (registered office: Wexford Place, Lucks Lane, Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6PA).
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including in person, by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Your account login details for our website, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, if you use our website, we try to identify when and how you used it;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, and how you interact with them. For example whether the communication has been opened, if you have clicked on any links within that communication and the device you used. We do this because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our services;
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information. For example credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases, marketing and research companies, social media providers, as well as information that is publicly available; and
- Information captured by our CCTV if you visit our premises.
- When you pay for a product and/or a service via bank transfer, we may ask you to provide information to facilitate this transaction and to verify your identity. Such information may include, without limitation: Date of birth, passport or national ID card, bank card statement or other information linking you to an address.
- Our websites and apps are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect children’s data.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose (s);
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services, then we need to provide them to you and process your payment. We need to use your details to do all this.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the services that are available to you as a registered user.
- To improve your shopping experience – we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding how you interact with the Euroflo Group, where and when you shop, the products and services you buy and how you use and browse our websites helps us to do this.
- For safety and security – we use your personal information to help provide safe and secure environments for our customers to shop in, our colleagues to work in and for our businesses to be conducted. To enable this we use CCTV, monitor online behaviour and carry out checks to help us ensure that our customers are genuine to prevent fraud and to help customers use our services appropriately.
- Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy, how you shop with Euroflo and by creating profiles about you. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our services and website. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you. This may be in relation to a service update, an issue you have raised with us, to conduct market research or to ask for your feedback.
- Marketing and advertising – we use your personal information to provide relevant marketing communications (including by email, phone, SMS, post or online advertising), relating to our products and services, and those of our suppliers. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on our website and across other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also use information about how you shop with us to measure the effectiveness of these campaigns.
Cookies and similar technologies
Who might we share your personal information with?
Euroflo takes appropriate steps to keep personal data confidential and only discloses this information to personnel in Euroflo or a third party that needs to have access to the information for legitimate business purposes. We may make your information available to our sales representatives or other business affiliates, so that they may respond to a visitor’s inquiry or provide information about our own or related goods or services that we believe support your business needs. Euroflo does not sell to third parties any personal data derived from a visitor’s visit to or use of a Euroflo site except as part of the sale of a subsidiary or of all or substantially all of the assets of an operating division, which subsidiary or division collected or uses such information in the ordinary course of business.
Our service providers – we work with different companies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us or we think you might be interested in. These third parties include:
- Advertising companies, who help us place Eurofo’s adverts online and on other media;
- Social media providers – such as Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter;
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services so we can stock the right products, send the relevant marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better;
- Scheme providers – such as Visa and MasterCard – in order to manage your account and for your payments to be processed;
- Third-party services for payment processing.
- Credit reference agencies.
- Third party vendors who help us manage and maintain Euroflo’s IT infrastructure;
- Logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you order on our websites;
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as lawyers and consultants;
- Security and fraud prevention companies to ensure the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and business;
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
If you use the services provided by another company to interact with us, such as a social media platform, please be aware that your data is also subject to the privacy policies of these companies.
Other organisations and individuals – we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of Euroflo’s business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers and their advisers – but only so they can evaluate the relevant business; or
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the services to you.
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others. We will only share your personal information in response to requests, which do not override your privacy interests. For example, we will not share your personal information with individuals who are merely curious about you, but we will share your personal information to e.g. insurers, solicitors, employers etc. which have a legitimate interest in your personal information.
International transfers of personal information
Keeping you informed about our products and services
From time to time, we would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of Euroflo that we think you might be interested in. Where we have consent, or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, phone, through online advertising or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but if you receive a service from us, we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages and may still send you surveys (you can always opt out of these via the survey email itself). If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so clicking ‘update your preferences’ or ‘unsubscribe from this list’ at the end of any e-mail you receive, or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that it can take a little while for all marketing to stop once you either withdraw your consent or tell us you’d like to opt out of marketing. This is because some marketing may have been identified as relevant to your interests and may already be in transit, it cannot therefore be immediately stopped.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation, which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time. If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
- We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
Links to other websites
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” or sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.euroflo.com/contacts/
- By phone number: 01892 832 144
- By mail: Wexford Place, Lucks Lane, Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6PA, United Kingdom